How do I know if my goldfish is happy to see me?
Following are the ways you should know that your goldfish is happy to see you-
- They swim back and forth freely and energetically around the tank.
- Quite like humans, happy fish might have a vibrant glow to their skin.
- They do not appear fearful of the other fish in the tank.
- They are breathing normally.
- A happy fish will have its fins flared out and swim around actively exploring its tank or pond.
- It will often swim to the front of the tank to greet you when you approach.
- They will have a good appetite and consistently eat well.
- Their colors will be bright and vibrant.
- It will interact with other fish in the tank.
Fish quickly learn to associate you with food. When they see you, they'll come to the front of the tank and watch, anticipating that you're going to feed them. They get excited when you approach their aquarium.
Signs that your Goldfish is Unhappy
- It will often swim erratically.
- It will hide away from the other fishes in the tank.
- The fins may be clamped close to the body.
- The goldfish may gasp for breath at the surface of the water.
- A sad fish will be lethargic.
- They may stop eating or only eat very little than usual.
- Their colors may fade.
What makes Goldfish happy?
There are the following ways which make your goldfish happy-
- Provide them with a clean and healthy environment. One of the most important things is keeping the water in their tank or pond fresh, clean, and free of toxins.
- Provide them with plenty of hiding places and places to swim around freely.
- Feed them a healthy diet of high-quality food, fishes need a diet that is rich in vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. This will help them stay healthy and active.
- Make sure the water temperature is consistent and not too cold or hot. Having other fish around will also help make them feel more comfortable and less stressed. Adding gravel and more plants makes your goldfish happy.